Monday, March 12, 2012

MARIHENNY RIVERA  Prada RTW Spring 2012


Stats: 19 years old; from Dominican Republic; repped by New York Models.

Spring runway scores: Louis Vuitton, Ohne Titel, Prada, Giles. 

Fashion week musings: “Since last Thursday, I’ve had like 25 or more castings a day. In the Dominican Republic, they make all the designers get together for a whole day of castings in one big room. They should do that here.” 

I love New York: “Besides the food, I love that you can do whatever you want and nobody cares. You can walk around in your pajamas and no one looks twice.”

Newbie advice: “Don’t get your hopes up. Last season I went to the same client five times. The day of the show, I was still waiting for the e-mail with the call time. Nothing. It broke my heart. Now I tell my agent I only want to know about confirmations, not options.” 

NYFW uniform: “I have this little black dress that I call my lucky dress. Every time I wear it, I get the job. It’s not even designer, I think it’s from H&M.” 

Toughest part about collections: “Staying the same size. If one month you have a 34 hips, the next month you can’t have a 33 or a 35.”

I really hope I run into: “Naomi Campbell. They say I have her young face. I want to compare personally.”

No comments:

Post a Comment