Monday, March 12, 2012

Diane von Furstenberg Launches Gap Children's Line

Gap Diane von Furstenberg
Diane von Furstenberg with granddaughter Talita and friends
.
FOR THE KIDS: Diane von Furstenberg launched her collection for GapKids and babyGap on Saturday at The Grove in Los Angeles, where the Gap store had been tricked out with a puppy and bunny petting zoo, a mini runway and photo studio, a print stencil workshop and paper doll station. “I used to say no to doing kids collections because I wanted the little girls to grow up, but this is so fun and happy and I like the optimism of it,” said the designer, who greeted several tots and their celebrity parents at the invite-only event. 


“I think the colors and prints that Diane does are perfect for Gap,” said “Entourage” actress Constance Zimmer, who brought her four-year-old daughter Coco. “It’s right up kids’ alley. And you live through your kids, right?”

Several celebrity moms, like Busy Philipps and a pregnant Alyson Hannigan, came wearing grown-up DVF dresses. “I was just excited it fit,” said Hannigan, whose daughter Satyana chose her own dress for the event. Most moms, like Milla Jovovich and Tiffani Amber Thiessen, let their daughters browse but ultimately made the shopping decisions. Said model (and Mrs. Mark Wahlberg) Rhea Durham, “I swear, I should buy stock in GapKids because I shop here so much.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment